One of the most important subjects that must be taught for cabin crew to provide immediate care to a passenger until medical care arranged in case of injury or illness.
Objectives of first aid:-
• To save a life.
• To prevent complications.
• To improve the victim’s condition.
• Always remember the 3 C’s
- Check: The area where the victim is, your safety is extremely important.
- Call: For help . do not act alone.
- Care: Provide first aid.
• In providing first aid, always remember the A B Cs ;
- Airway: Open airway by head tilt & Chin lift.
- Breathing: Look , listen and feel for breathing
- Circulation :For Adult & Child: Check Carotid artery by locating Adam's apple and sliding 2-3 fingers of your right hand to one side of the neck, pulse will be felt.
For Infants: Check Brachial Artery. Pulse is felt from the inner side of the mid arm in the groove between the upper and lower muscles, this is brachial artery.